Minimum GPA: 3.0
Amount: $2,000 to $5,000
Location or HS: Cleveland Public and Catholic Schools
Deadline: March 15, 2018
App Type: General App
Purpose: To provide scholarship support for underserved and underrepresented populations (African-American or Hispanic students) who are graduates of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or a Catholic school in Greater Cleveland (preferably Cuyahoga County).
- African-American or Hispanic student who is a graduate of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or a Catholic school in Greater Cleveland
- Minimum grade-point average of 3.0
- Enrolled or currently attending a two- or four-year accredited educational institution within the state of Ohio for a minimum of 6 credit hours/term -or- a vocational training program within the state of Ohio to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized profession.
- Demonstrate financial need
Application method: Submit a General Application and Basic Requirements through our Scholarship Gateway
Selection process: A Selection Committee will be appointed by the Cleveland Foundation. Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship.
Award process: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and the number of applicants selected. Previously, the awards have ranged from $2,000 to $5,000. Formal notification of award will be made by the Cleveland Foundation to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid to the school for the benefit of the student and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
- Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded part-time)
- Submit a grade report via email for each term (min 2.75 GPA and progression toward degree required)
- A thank you note to the donors and selection committee members for this fund is not required but always appreciated and may be sent via email or mailed to the Cleveland Foundation, Scholarships, 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1300, Cleveland, Ohio, 44115.
Renewable Award: This award will be renewed for a maximum of 4 total years support provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available. See the Scholarship How to Apply web page for Renewal Instructions and deadline.